Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Sadness . . .

I received my formal release from the temple this week. This is a bit hard to take but the reality is that with every thing considered, it was very difficult to be reliable on such a stringent and demanding schedule. The biggest challenge for me emotionally is the loss of activity. I am still able to attend the temple every week with some of my Relief Society Sisters.

My stake music calling is such a blessing for me. I have many good hours to work at my snail pace and with this calling I can go to it when I have strength and energy. When needed, I can be sure to set things up to protect the energy needed. This week and last of course have been exceptions to that with the downturn and start of the new treatments but Dr. Haderlie has assured me I will feel pretty good during the chemo months and there are things I can do to manage the challenges of the steroid months. I have hope.

No comments: