Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Sad/Glad Day


Today our dear brother Robert's long struggle with bone cancer came to an end as he passed from this life at 2:20 p.m. Pacific Time. My heart aches for the loss and yet again I am grateful his suffering has ended. How fortunate I am that Robert has been such a dear part of my life. He was good and generous to me. I loved to laugh with him for he had a keen sense of humor that I especially appreciated when times were tough. I admired his dedication to his mom as he watched out for her during her years of diminishing health. He had an understanding heart when it came to the human failings of those he loved and he knew to appreciate the efforts extended in his behalf and in behalf of others even though those efforts may have at times fallen short. Robert had a way of putting things into perspective for me that I will miss. I love him and am comforted in the knowledge that he is reunited with mom and dad and most especially his loving Father in Heaven and his Savior Jesus Christ. I know that as we leave this life we will be reunited with those we loved here. God bless us to live richly with the blessing of this knowledge.

No comments: