Sunday, March 29, 2009

Momma Ashlee is 30!


Happy Happy New Year Ashlee Faith!

It seems somehow appropriate that the girl who was almost delivered on the sidewalk of the hospital thirty years ago gets her birthday post a week late. Last Monday I was completely consumed with pain in my neck and shoulder and so the day passed with no effort to blog. However Ashlee Faith was not forgotten!

Our Ashlee tells me often she is living her dream. Husband, children and home are all she ever really wanted. In high-school and college she had her moment of fame in musical theater. It was such a delight to attend her performances. We also thoroughly enjoyed her bubbly spirit as a cheerleader. Now all of that enthusiasm and energy and sweet music is focused in her home.

One of the best birthday presents I ever received was a song from Ashlee. She was living in Charlottesville, Virginia at the time and had come to visit me in Midlothian for my big day. I honestly have never received a nicer gift. For mother's day that year, at my request she returned to Midlothain to sing the same song for my Relief Society group. Ashlee thinks in very giving ways and our whole family has been blessed for it.

No comments: