Thursday, November 13, 2008

Introducing our Lucy . . .




Lucy Doreen Katherine Bailey was born at 9:33 a.m. in Gilbert Arizona. She is a beauty. Carey and Todd couldn't be happier. Lucy weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces and has lots of very dark hair. She is the only Bailey not born a blondie (could this be in honor of her Aunt Cindy with whom she shares a birthday?) Happy Happy Day!




"Lucy" means "light" and Doreen was my first mom's middle name. When we were in Canada a couple of years ago, my mother's best friend from high school couldn't get over how much Carey looked like Shirley Doreen. My mother was a very talented young woman. She had natural musical ability and played the piano by ear. I also remember a dress she made for me. She died at the young age of 24 years old. I am deeply touched for her to have a namesake. Katherine is for Todd's sister Katie.

No comments: