Monday, September 15, 2008

Fun Times for the Weekend

Fun and Friends - What a way to go! We ended our very warm Saturday with an evening Dutch Oven cook-out gathering with church friends. Yum! The corn on the cob was especially good. We enjoyed the fresh air and good conversation. I must adjust my thinking however. Regardless of how hot the afternoon is, the temperature takes a quick downturn as soon as the sun begins to sink. New Jensen Family rule: Never leave home without a jacket and some blankets in the car. If you do, you will freeeeez! Thankfully, the family whose yard we were gathered in had a nice fire pit. You can guess where I spent my time!

Sunday was another day for friends and conversation. Following church we served five guests dinner to break in our new dining table. Prish Mordan just moved here from Virginia. Her husband is a contract worker for the government in Saudi Arabia. She is overseeing the completion of their home preparing for their retirement here. John Smith moved to Idaho Falls from Connecticut a few years ago. He is retired from teaching Spanish and working with Special Ed kids. Wendall Bunnell recently lost his wife to a long fight with cancer. And Jean and Gary Meikle, neighbors who were first to greet us when we moved here last May rounded out our little gathering. Gary is an attorney. What a joy to get to know everyone more personally. I love to hear other people's experiences in life. It just doesn't get any better.

Early this morning when I met my walking buddies and noted the jacket Marilyn was wearing I knew I was in trouble. I have worn a jacket every morning but this was the first time Marilyn has had one. It was quickly apparent that I need to step up the layers soon. Brrrr! Thank-goodness for the generally sunny days.

Tonight we are off to Pocatello for a gathering of LDS Family Service employees from that office. I look forward to getting to know them better. Claigh has often expressed how fortunate he is to work with such great people. Life is good.

No comments: